lundi 7 mai 2012

April Fimo projects.

I spent the last two weeks doing paperwork, arranging for the wedding photography work and doing fimo! Thank you Natasha for that great entire day playing with fimo and thank you Julie for introducing and teaching me the technics.

This time it will be a post with more pictures than text. All about polymer clay projects. 
First of all, big beads, made around aluminium foil. This was my first attempt in making beads with aluminium balls and with the cat wanting to play with them that didn't help in making them perfectly round. 


I also wanted to diversify in my macaroons collection, so this time they are smaller and 2 or 3 attached together. Since I don't wear earrings, I have no idea if they are heavy or not. Anyone wants to try they on?


Plus, a couple of tries with different technics, using sugar, aluminium foil and also eye shadow and stamp. 



My plan was to make flowers with polymer clay, and I'm quite happy with my rose. I will have to make it in different color gradients and make other shapes.


I said I would not do any figurine, but I ended up making these octopuses using different technics. I really like how they look like but they are so fragile.


The octopuses were a present for my boyfriend, who liked them so much he told me he wanted to try and make some more. So we ended up spending an entire Sunday afternoon making these 6 animals for the newborn of two friends of us. They were then put together as a mobile sculpture to hang in the baby's room. 


I'm happy with what I have produced so far with fimo, but I'd like you to tell me what you really think of it, which item you like and which ones you don't; which you would probably wear or expose at home, and which ones you won't. That will help me a lot! Thanks in advance.

4 commentaires:

  1. I love the sheep! Such a personalize/unique idea!
    Where do you buy your Fimo?

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I bought most of it in France, but Michaels and some other craft place have it in Toronto.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Génial de faire un mobile ! Il sont terribles tes animaux !!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Merci Amelie! de la part de qqun qui fait des trucs superbes en Fimo je prends ca comme un vrai compliment!

      Supprimer