mardi 21 février 2012

Make pasta with sauce in a coffee machine...

Cleaning the dishes with shampoo in a hotel or while doing camping, everyone has done it before. Whatever the reason was: you forgot the dish washing detergent, you on purpose didn't take it for lack of space, baggage weight... anything, or you did it many times for all of the reasons above.
You've also attempted to make coffee with toilet paper as filter, but have you ever tried to make pasta in a coffee machine? 


This was not just a stupid reason to make a post, no. We usually have a kettle or a microwave in most of the hotels we go to, and if not we think of taking the camping gaz... This time, we just forgot to check. So we ended up trying to make a bit of cooking on a very cold morning before going cross-country skiing for the entire day!


Almost 45minutes after, our pasta were just cooked!
It actually turned out to be very good, even cold... well... we were quite hungry! We ate the rest at home when we came back to Toronto, and it was very less tasty.

This is not such a challenge, it just requires time and a bit of imagination. But don't even think of trying that with a fancy expresso machine or worse a machine working with pressurized coffee in capsules. Maybe one day they'll invent a sauce capsule and air hydrating instant pasta... In decades...
We were wondering how that would have been if we had kids. Do you think making them eat that could be called child abuse? Good thing we don't have kids!

But one thing I have to try before I'm 30 is actual mountain dry food: I've heard it's expensive and not good. I would probably have no other choice if I want to properly train for the Kilimanjaro anyway.

On the same post, I'll notify I can now cross-check on my list that before 30, I have successfully skied across more than 15 Km of forest in Arrowhead Provincial Park, and that I have actually enjoyed it! Do I become old? or do I become Canadian?


To make sure you'll still read my blog again despite of that junk food, here is how I try to make up to you. I just candied some tiny lime! The limes are still a bit bitter, but the caramel that came out of it deliciously tastes lime! 


My last attempt with kumquats gave very good candied kumquats but very bad caramel. Next time will be perfect!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire