mercredi 15 février 2012

Teach my man how to cook before he is 30.

Teach my man how to cook before he is 30. That gives me a bit more than 2 months.

I must notify that he already is a master in hamburger making! Heathly yummy hamburgers! Here is how we spent "Valentine's Day" yesterday evening! So cool! that and taking pictures...


He is also a very good chef when it comes to Omelettes (at that point I don't even try to make one, his are way better!).
He is willing to learn some other recipes but each time he misses a step or because I never follow closely a recipe, he gets confused. We already crossed a big step in that a few years ago "cooking" meant getting something out of the freezer into the microwave!

And like every man on that planet he knows how to bake meat! But he can't prepare anything (except pasta) that goes well with meat. I have nothing against meat (I have to admit I myself don't have that much ideas when it comes to cook meat), but meat doesn't make my meal.
Soon you may see some of his cooking (or if I'm not blogging for a week, you'll know he did wrong). As a challenge to my not-30-yet-self I would try to cook meat in different situations. A friend of mine once told me that you know when a woman is ready to have kids when she can prepare a good stew. I've never made stew in my life, that's the time to try!


After food, craft would be the second big topic of that blog. 
As much as I'm addicted to berries and expresso beans, I'm also addicted to Pinterest. This is a stream of constant inspiration. As well as you can see how much people love food, love Ryan Gosling or the latest colour of the Essie nail polish, you can find quite a lot of interesting/fun/gorgeous Do It Yourself activities. From home decoration to wedding arrangement, sewing, painting... everything! And people keep pinning!
I'm addicted to Pinterest (which is good in my situation, not that good when you spend half of your time at work checking on that website, reloading the page every 5 minutes). The plan for the next few months was to pick an idea from this site, everyday, each day, and make it be! produce it my way! Because I have largely failed in that for the past days and because I also have ideas on my own I'll try to use their advices and ideas as often as I'd run out of inspiration!


And because I don't count much on Pinterest to tell me what are the important things I have to accomplish before I'm 30, I still count on YOU! (yes, YOU over-there!).

Last but not least, I've finally brought my business card for printing this afternoon. More handy/colourful/user-friendly than a CV, I had to make one. First of all because I'm going to a networking session tomorrow that would certainly be helpful to get my way into the world of industry or just make contact with people that might revealed to be helpful for me to find a job later.

I did want my business card to reflect who I am, which means what are my interests. As it wasn't visually pleasant to list them, I've tried to picture them. And because I can be super professional, very straight in my way of thinking and proceeding to tasks, I can also be very imaginative and openminded.  This business card reflects both my left brain and my right brain, together into one person.


Because this is the very first version of it and that I only had a week to make it from scratch, I do appreciate your advice/comments/disagreements and will do a new one in larger batch as soon as I'm fully satisfied of how that business card represents who I am. I'll have a nice, clear, unforgettable business card before I turn 30.

2 commentaires:

  1. Pour Grégory, tu devrais lui offrir Les cakes de Sophie. Une de mes très bonnes amies a découvert la cuisine grâce à ça! Et je peux t'assurer qu'elle venait de très loin! :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Oh mais c'est pas les livres de cuisine qui manquent à la maison, il faut juste lui prendre la main. Parce qu'il en a déjà ouvert un... une fois... c'était bon, mais il n'a plus recommencé. Il a même son petit cahier où il avait commencé à écrire les recettes qu'il a réussit une fois.

    RépondreSupprimer