vendredi 10 février 2012

Pilot

Hi everyone!
This is the first post. I have to get right on the first post, that's what motivates people in following a blog, the context and the content of the first post! That's like the pilot of a series.
So let me explain the circumstances and present you the characters.

First, to explain why I'm doing this blog, here is a video (in french... sorry) of a guy that realizes he is now entering a new era: is blew his 30th candle! And I've also heard a few of my (scared, about to be 30...) friends that we should make a list of what we'd like to accomplish before we turn 30.

Veuillez installer Flash Player pour lire la vidéo


This is what this blog is gonna be about: stuff I need to fulfil before I turn 30.
So it is gonna be about finding a career path, about travelling, about craft, yoga, cooking... and so much more! This is mostly not gonna be about me (do I hear a sight of relief!?), this is gonna be about all the crazy/essential/unorthodox things my body/brain/soul is telling me to do before I get no time/energy/occasion.
Today is my occasion to do all those things that have filled my mind with for the past two years (I got a Ph.D. in Biology 2 years ago and that was the end of 20 years of studious studies (in the rest of that blog I'll try to avoid this kind of repetitive sentences)!

This is gonna be what I have in mind but I'm very open to any suggestions? Everything you think is worth doing before you become 30! I still have a bit more than a year ahead of my 30-year-old me, so feel free to spam this blog with any idea (or if you want to be part of one of my before-30 moment!).

Let me now explain why I'm best concerned with that question right now.
First of all I am not sure academic research is the job I want to do my entire life (I may regret than sentence pretty soon, but here I am right now). My contract at the University of Toronto is ending at the end of February 2012 and won't be renewed. I am now looking for new experience in my life, in my mind and in my professional area. I'm planning these next 10months to figure all that out.

To give you some clue about the following episodes of that series, there will be a some back-to-basis trip to Pessac my home town; an active preparation to get on top of the Kilimanjaro; a few personal records to be beaten as a runner and probably indescribable experiences in different professional scopes.


That blog would be in english. For the one that are not english speaking, please use the google translator tool, that has greatly been improved in the past few years. Or you can also message me for more details./ Ce blog sera en anglais. Pour ceux que ça n'enchante pas, je vous invite a utiliser Google Translate, qui (on a beau dire) c'est bien amelioré ces dernières années. Vous pouvez aussi m'envoyer des messages pour en savoir un peu plus.

4 commentaires:

  1. http://www.ted.com/talks/homaro_cantu_ben_roche_cooking_as_alchemy.html

    Mailis. Good blog. Since you are a scientist, an artist and a cook, the job described in the above video would be PERFECT for you. I would personally love to see you doing something like that =)

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Thanks Jay for that video! This is really interesting what they do! Next time you come home I make you eat fresh herbs that taste like candy! I've always dreamt of that since I read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory! This book is amazing for that!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Haha.. I am not so into sweet. But can you make olives and broccoli taste like Filet Mignon next time I visit? Medium rare please!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I'll try my best!! ah ah!

    By the way, I've just been running for 30 minutes and I had to walk because my knee hurts so much :( crap!

    RépondreSupprimer